“still the best $ I have ever spent on music – Seriously, this thing is more powerful than most studios in the 90’s. I am amazed at how light and powerful this DAW is. It turns my iPhone into a recording machine that is quick, efficient, and easy”
App Store Review
“VERY RELIABLE APP – I’ve been using Studiomini for 6 years now!..It is the real-deal when it comes to “plug and play”. The sound and clarity is also VERY SUPERIOR..I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE STUDIOMINI FOR LAYING DOWN IMMEDIATE SONG IDEAS IN THE MOMENT..I have tried to get started with [other apps], et al and they all require LOTS of study and trial and error; not StudioMini ✌🏽”
App Store Review
“Perfect UI – Just bought this to get a tune down in the middle of the night, that’s been rattling around my head all day..Without reading any instructions nor having to do a few “takes”, I successfully recorded my tune on the first attempt, everything was completely obvious and worked exactly as I wanted and expected. Even mixing down the result and emailing it to myself was trivial.”
App Store Review
My trusty music recorder
The recording app used by multi-platinum band Gorillaz on their album ‘The Fall’!
StudioMini is a powerful yet easy to use multitrack recorder with pro quality audio, audio loops & much more.
- PRO AUDIO QUALITY: Records in 44.1 kHz / 16 bit pro quality audio, the crystal clear and uncompressed standard.
- WAV AUDIO FILES: Records WAV audio files, the universally used Linear PCM format. Recorded files and loops will work on any computer with any audio software.
- MULTITRACKING: Multitrack record on 4 tracks.
- INPUT MONITORING: Listen to audio input in real time through StudioMini with the lowest latency your device can handle.
- AUDIO LOOPS: Additional loops track with 78 built-in professionally produced loops spanning 13 styles of music. Includes BPM display.
- METRONOME: Part of the loops track, and sampled from a classic metronome to sound like the real thing.
- MIXDOWN: Create final mixes in the WAV or AAC formats. Download to your computer, or email right from your iPhone.
- SYNC: Download your files to your computer using Wi-Fi Sync or iTunes File Sharing.
- IMPORT: Add files into StudioMini from your Music Library, or through iTunes File Sharing and then import into StudioMini tracks.
- NOTES: Each song comes with a notepad for keeping track of notes, lyrics, chord progressions etc.
- SOLO, MUTE, RECORD ENABLE BUTTONS: Available for each track, just like on professional hardware mixers.
- STATUS LEDS: Simulated LEDs lights on top of each track indicate whether the track has a recording on it, to help prevent recording over good takes.
- TUNER: Pitch reference tuner.
- COUNT-IN: Sets up the tempo before recording starts to keep you in perfect time.
- MULTIPLE SONG FILES: Record and save as many songs as your device can fit.
- PRO AUDIO TIMING: Pro audio synchronization and latency compensation.
- DELETE PROTECTION: Confirmation checks for track and song deletes, to prevent erasing accidentally.
- TIMELINE: Timeline slider enables moving back and forth to any spot in the song.
- PRO MIXER FADERS & METERS: Calibrated faders and meters for adjusting and monitoring track audio levels.
- REPEAT SONG SWITCH: Turn song repeat on/off.
- USER MANUAL: Full 33 page pdf manual that’s bundled in StudioMini. Read it in StudioMini, or open in iBooks or any pdf reader/editor app.
StudioMini includes a collection of 78 loops spanning 13 styles. These audio tracks are professionally produced and are only available with StudioMini. There are no repetitive 1 bar loops that sound dated or cheesy, these are new and inspiring 4 to 8 bar patterns that sound real and “feel” right.
- Acoustic Pop Rock
- Modern Rock
- Classic Rock
- Reggae / Ska
- R&B / Hip Hop
- Latin / Brazilian
Examples of what you can do with StudioMini
- Record a song with your band. Connect with a mixer and use professional studio microphones to record your next hit with StudioMini, then create an AAC mix and email it straight from your iPhone.
- Keep track of your songwriting ideas, riffs, raps, whatever you like. Never loose that great idea again.
- Use it for practicing: record some chords, then practice your scales, improvisation, a song you’re learning, etc. Or just use the metronome & drum grooves to keep you in time while you practice.
- Use it as a field recorder. Record a lecture, your band’s rehearsal, keep track of your thoughts.
- Record a cover song and show off your vocals: pick a loop, have a friend play guitar (keys, synth etc.), add a bass line and then sing or rap over it.